Imagine if NASA had a practice facility for golf. No doubt it would be called GolfTEC.
Video analysis. Swing speed and ball speed measurements. Custom club fittings. You name it, GolfTEC has it.
The No. 1 golf lesson program in the U.S., GolfTEC has seen marked improvement for 96 percent of the students it has served since it was founded in 1995 in Denver, Colo. Today, GolfTEC instructors teach approximately 25 percent of all individual lessons in the U.S.
“Our mission is simple. We want people playing better golf,” Suzanne LaTour, GolfTEC’s franchise owner in San Diego, told JC Golf Today magazine recently.
Encinitas Ranch Golf Course is home to one of GolfTEC’s three San Diego locations, providing golf students its unique five-factor approach to a better game:
- Fact-Based Diagnosis – Using GolfTEC’s patented g-SWING technology allows you to see real-time video and motion measurement simultaneously, providing specific feedback you can leverage to improve your game.
- Sequential Lessons – This is step-by-step approach to ensure consistent improvement over time versus overwhelming you a variety of swing changes at once.
- Retention Tools – With GolfTEC’s online Player Performance Center available on-demand, you can reinforce the learning process and stay consistent with recommended practice drills.
- Video-Based Practice – This allows you to watch every swing and gain insight faster and make practice sessions much more productive.
- Precision-Matched Clubs – This is an unbiased fitting experience that measures your clubhead speed, ball speed, back spin, side spin and launch angle. This data is then cross-referenced with a SwingLabs database of thousands of club/shaft combinations to optimize your swing.
It gets better. For a limited time, JC Players Card holders can get a 90-minute evaluation at any of GolfTEC’s three San Diego locations – Encinitas Ranch, Rancho Bernardo and Golden Triangle – for only $25 (normal rate is $125).
Marc Figueroa is a freelance writer who has been covering golf in San Diego for more than 20 years.